I want to start out by thanking everyone for the nagging e-mails and phone calls about not getting pictures put up yet from the birthday party...and I'd just like to thank Mike for sending us pictures in the mail so that we could now post some, since we didn't take any pictures on our own camera. Moving on... So we did, in deed, have a big weekend. We not only celebrated Easter, but the boys were also baptized, and we celebrated their first birthday. We were so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents, and both sets of great-grandparents come, as well as Lindsey's sister and brother-in-law, Megan and Andrew.
We started off the weekend with an Easter Egg Hunt at the Cider Mill outside of town on Saturday. Since the boys weren't walking, we watched the other kids scramble for eggs and we got their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. It went only as well as we thought it would.

Then we went back home and it seems like in no time, everyone started showing up for the weekend. We all went out to eat at a terribly tacky restaurant here in town, but the food was pretty good. Here's the group shot (always a tradition in this family--cause everyone wants to see what you ate--right?).

Then, on Easter morning, the boys got to open their Easter baskets. I guess I'm turning into the crazy mom because I started to notice that everyone else brought the boys chocolate and candy in their Easter baskets, and our Easter Bunny brought toothbrushes. Yes, so when they eat all that sugar, then they can brush their teeth. Oh well, they loved everything, even the toothbrushes!

Their baptism went really well. The boys just kind of sat there and listened, so we were really proud of them for not screaming. It was a special moment in all of our lives so we were glad it went well.

And now lets skip to the party. The most fun of the whole weekend-I thought. We had a lot of fun turning our garage into a party room. The boys were getting pretty hungry and uninterested in opening the gifts, so Jordan and I mostly did it ourself. But they loved all of their gifts. And then of course, the cake...I mean, smurf time. As you can see, they both had a great time, and each ate almost their entire cake. We saw blue for a couple days after (and I won't go into any more detail than that-but you can probably imagine), but have since recovered. Well, all but their clothes, they didn't really ever recover from the blue.



And here's Eli's new favorite toy. This just proves to me the reason why I shop at consignment sales. We can hardly get him away from his police rocker.

Also, both of the boys are walking now. Baker is walking all over the place, and Eli is not far behind, but can't quite get his feet to follow his body. We've tried over and over to get it on video, but if they realize that the video is on, they turn into spaghetti and fall to the ground. Hopefully soon we'll have a video for you. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
Hehe, great post!!
Love to hear the stories of how the boys are growing up and the way in which the two of you continue on this life-changing journey. I am so thrilled to be a small part of this journey.
Ken
Post a Comment