We have had some amazing warm weather so far this summer, so of course we had to get out the pool. The boys have really been enjoying the water on hot days. We have also taken the boys to the local pool a couple of times now since it's only two blocks away, and they seem to love that! The water's a little cold at first, but they love to walk around in the shallow end, and play with the bubble fountains. I couldn't believe it, but they even have been putting their faces in the water. Sometimes it's on accident, but they don't seem to mind too much, but they were also trying to blow bubbles in the water. I tried to take this little video of Eli in our front yard, but Baker was being a little bit of a camera hog so it didn't end up being too long. It's just so funny how they are soooo proud of everything they do right now, you can see it all over their face. We love it!
So we finally decided that we really needed to get Eli a haircut. Neither of us wanted to get it done because we adore his long blonde hair, but it was time. We knew it was time because when Eli looks at things, he has to raise his chin in the air and then look down with his eyes to see underneath all of his hair. So a "trimming time" it is. When we got to the place, we saw a beautician walking in who looked half-asleep and un-enthusiastic to be at work. She then called our names and asked who wanted to go first. Quickly I said, and quite directly..."Go ahead Jordan, you can go first. I'll wait with the boys." There was no way I was going to let that girl butcher my kid's first haircut. And luckily we waited for the next stylist because she was amazing. I ended up having to sit in the chair and holding both Eli and Baker, and she was so very patient with us. Eli sat very still and did great. Jordan said his stylist kept saying to him "I don't know why this side is longer than that side. Hmmm, I don't know what to do... I must have cut them uneven... I don't know..." and then she went on to say "You're really lucky he[Eli] got her[the stylist] because I'm not very good with kids' hair. She's really good though." So needless to say, we dodged a bullet. And because she did such a good job, I had her trip the sides of Baker's hair so it didn't look so wonky anymore. All in all, a good experience.
Here's what we looked like a couple days before the haircuts. Yikes, seriously Eli!
These are the pictures we took when we got home. Ahhhh, fresh haircuts.
And these are from today. They're very proud of the graham cracker crumbs left on their faces by the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment