So I WAS going to post all my pictures from my weekend at the runion, but then I realized that I didn't take any pictures when we went home to see my folks. But I have found a couple from the last week, and a video too. Check it out.
P.S., two days ago my parents and friends whom all live in Ames were hit by the worst flood ever to hit in the city's history. There is no drinking water, other than what is being brought in via trucks (because a water pipe below the river burst which was the source for drinking water), all but about one back road into/out of Ames are blocked with rivers out of their banks, so many are stranded in Ames, and some are without power. Please keep them in your thoughts this week as they struggle to keep "afloat." There has already been one tragic death, and hopefully there won't be anymore. For those of you who know the area, Hilton's basketball floor is floating inside the building. (there goes my parents season ticket seats--they're currently underwater). Here's a quick video made yesterday, which doesn't even show the worst of the flooding if you can believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment