Sunday, November 8, 2009

Is That Even Legal?

About 30 minutes ago Lindsey informed me that we were switching sides of the bed. First...a little history about this subject. Since we have been married, I have slept on the left side of the bed(as you are in it looking up...left side), when the boys were born we switched sides so Lindsey could have her pump and all that other awesome stuff that comes along with pregnancy on the ironing board on that side. Plus I would be closer to the boys so I could get up to get them out for feedings or if one was crying I would wake up without her having to. NOW...7 months later out of the blue she tells me we are switching sides again. My question to you is..."is that a legal move?" The last time we switched it was a joint agreement and was done for efficiency reasons. I have spent the last 7 months getting used to sleeping on the right side...which technically isn't the right side at all. It is the wrong side if you follow...and now she wants to switch back for "personal reasons"?? I am thinking about throwing the veto flag out on the field before she can run another play(that was a football analogy, not baseball...different season, different analogies), so I can review the play to see if it was a legal one. As I reach back to grab the flag I realize it isn't there...Oh yes, I forgot. I already used the one veto given to us for every 5 years married...probably on something stupid like..."No...I am not watching "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" with you...again. I am going to the sports bar to watch the game with the guys." But in reality there is no veto flag, because no matter what I say or what ANY man says...men have no vetoes or say in what goes on under our roofs. A veto flag is a imaginary object we make up to tell our guys friends to make them THINK we have full control of our lives... we might as well say to them "No...I don't need a ride home...I TOLD my wife I was riding my Unicorn tonight and that she can't stop me." Yeah...High Fives all around the table...then I go outside to call my wife and beg her to please come pick me up...and to have the popcorn ready and to unscrew the bottle of white zin, because I can't wait to watch Mathew McConaughey and Kate Hudson light it up!!

Man...I haven't gone off like that in a long time...feels good doesn't it.
We have had an interesting week. First off..Eli had his 2 middle bottom teeth cut through this last week. Baker is right behind him. He has one starting to come in too. Second thing, the boys are now considered to be "mobile". Before you could sit them on the floor and go away for a few minutes without worrying about them getting into something. Well...that has gone out the window. As soon as you put them down they see a toy, or Nahla, or an extension cord they want to play with. So they roll over to it just as fast as you can blink. To show you how strong they are getting, below are two pictures. What happened was Baker was by the window in the horse. I was at the kitchen table on the computer. He was bouncing away like he always does, till I noticed something next to me. He bounced so hard, he rode the horse 10 feet to the table. So...to prove it wasn't luck, I moved him back to the window..which is what you see in the picture below. 2 minutes later you can clearly see how far he has moved.


























This is an every morning occurrence. We put them in length ways, and we find them like this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how he sleeps with his hands behind his head :) Sweet boy!

Kaysie

Jordan and Lindsey said...

A quick note about the blog...I do infact like the movie How To Lose A Guy In 10 days...Whether movies are considered "Chick Flicks" or not...if it makes me laugh and takes my mind off of my real life for 2 hours, then I am a fan!