The last week or two have been rough. We started on Valentine's Day by cutting some teeth, and I suppose that kicked off the last couple weeks of excitement. A few days later, the boys were crawling around in the kitchen and they found Nahla's fire-hydrant where we keep her food. Needless to say, Nahla didn't get much for dinner after the boys were done... I tried to get the food out of one hand, and another hand was reaching for more, by the time I got to that hand, I saw another in the food, and this cycle went on for only about 60 seconds before I just threw my hands up and said to myself "I better just get the camera".
Our next fun adventure was when Eli started throwing up last Saturday, and had a slight fever. That was soon followed by Baker on Sunday, and by Jordan on Monday. Thankfully, I managed not to get sick, but I don't think my dodging skills were quite on point, because I wasn't quick enough to miss getting puked on 3 times. Yes, not once, not twice, but three times the charm. As Jordan was concerned, he mostly took care of himself, but I had baby duty round the clock, with Jordan helping if/when he could. We made it through though, but hope we don't have to do this again for a long time.
Caught in the act. (Notice Nahla's just watching so pathetically because she knows she can't eat until we say "okay", what a good girl.)
Eli sleeping with Baa his little lamb.
Trying to cheer them up by reading a bedtime story.
Snuggling on the couch. This is all we did from Saturday until Thursday.
Jordan had to sleep in the spare bedroom so when we woke up I put the boys in bed with him. All three of them were like zombies. The boys didn't move a muscle for hours. It was really sad.
Here's one of the happier moments after the boys started feeling better. They definately got their appetites back, but Eli also gained an appetite for snacking on little boys named Baker. Yes, we've begun biting. Twice now (that we know of) and Baker has quite the nast blood blisters on his ear to prove it. Watch out Evander Holyfield, Eli's on the loose.
No comments:
Post a Comment