Sunday, May 17, 2009

I see sleep in our future


After further review of the "Magic Babies" problem, we have decided to keep the boys in their cribs at night in fear of somebody (Lindsey) not telling me one is next to me and I try to use one as a pillow...which may or may not have happened?? I am pleased to say we no longer have a baby in the bed problem. Well not as much of a problem as before...but I am sad to say we have a new problem...somebody noticed the vacancy sign on the bed now that the boys are no longer allowed in and has assumed the roll of guardian of the center of the bed. To be honest with you it hasn't changed much...just like the boys she drools on the sheets, snores, has been known to wet the bed, hogs the covers, and on occasion pulls a dutch oven on us. (If you are wondering what a dutch oven is, ask any male young or old and they will get a big smile on their face and will be more than happy to show you)

We are now getting into the 7th week since the boys ruined our sleeping pattern....umm I mean since the 2 bundles of joys came into this world. They are starting to smile a lot more these days, which is nice to see after weeks of crying every time you change them or hold them or lose a staring contest to them. Some of it is involuntary still, but if you can get them awake long enough you can kiss them on the cheeks or lips and they will get a grin on their face. A lot of times that grin is followed by a loud fart (which puts a grin on mommy and daddy's face). They are both starting to sleep longer through the night without needing to be fed, so we are starting to see the light at the end of the very long and narrow tunnel...NOW whether that light is actually day light or a train heading straight for us at full speed is fine with me...either way I will get some more sleep!!!
















No comments: