Resting on a beautiful day
The grandpas look like they are in deep conversation, but actually they are comparing medications!!! Seriously
Great Grandpa and Grandma Sligar
Great Grandpa and Grandma Tackett
And that is grandpa's happy face...you should see him when
he is upset about something...watch out!!
This last weekend we had both sets of Grandparents down. There was a big Kansas City Mother's of Twins Club garage sale going on, so it was a good opportunity for everyone to stock up on toys and clothes for when grandkids come. After the sale they all went to the zoo...I say "they" went to the zoo because "they" went without me...maybe they don't like me, or maybe it was because had to work...either way I was left behind. But...they did make up for it though. To my surprise, they all paid for Lindsey and I to go out for a night on the town. I am sure many of you can attest to this, but when you do nothing but talk to babies day in and day out, you need to get out and have adult human contact every once in a while. So you are all wondering what we did with our night out...ohhh a romantic candlelight dinner? champagne? Rose pedals? Wrong...first off you don't know Lindsey and I if you thought we would do any of those...well I guess the second one we would, but not that night...we called up another couple we are friends with and ate at Texas Roadhouse and ate hot hot hot rolls with cinnamon butter, sweet potatoes filled with caramel and marshmallows, and a 10 oz steak that melted in my mouth. If you ever get a chance to eat there, DO......the rolls with butter will change your life!! Now...we love our boys dearly, but that night was the best nights sleep we have had in 6 months. We got to sleep in till 8:30!!!!!!!!! Now you are thinking...oh I bet the best part was spending time away from the boys and not have to worry about them right??? NOPE...the best part was we had CABLE TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR CABLE. Many of you don't know, but about 4 months ago we realized we weren't watching TV anymore and thought it was foolish to pay for TV and not watch it. So we got rid of our cable. When I say we don't have TV, I mean we do not get 1 channel. As soon as we walked through the door, Lindsey grabs the remote, rotates the TV towards the bed and proceeds to watch TV till she falls asleep. Then..as soon as she wakes up she realizes the TV is off and we watch TV for another hour or so. It was great! All in all it was a great weekend. Here are a few pics from that weekend, and then I snuck in a few videos in for your enjoyment!

I am surprised the elephant has been sitting still for as long as he has
This video is of me getting the boys to laugh for all you wonderful people
Baker has figured out that he can growl...you may need to turn
your volume up a bit to hear him
1 comment:
Great pics of the G's and the GG's. I know one set of GG's who had a great day with both of you and the twins!
Nancy
Post a Comment