Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Of The Greatest Days Of My Life!!!

There are a few days in a person's life that truly change them for the better. A day that makes one say "I am a better person for this" or "I can see clearly now" or "My life is now more complete" There are a few of those moments in my life. These are a few of my top ones...in order
1. Married my beautiful wife
2. The day the twins were born
3. Graduated college...even though I had a lot of fun in college, so now that I think about it...why did I graduate? I left a place where I worked part time...went to class even more part time than what I worked......for a life where I work a full time job, but work even more full time cleaning bottles and dirty diapers. Now I know why some people (NT) stay in school for 7 years.

And my new addition to the list......... Drum roll please dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada
4. FOUND LACTOSE FREE ICE CREAM AT THE GROCERY STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of you know I am lactose intolerant. For those who have this same condition understand completely what I am talking about when I say how bad it sucks. For those who don't know... think about everything you eat during the day has a laxative in it.

Do you have any idea what foods have dairy in it??? EVERY FREAKIN THING. What sucks about the whole thing is sometimes you don't know your eating dairy till about 30 minutes after you already stuffed your face with it.

Anyways...after an incident at Dairy Queen, I swore off ice cream forever, but everyday since then I complain constantly about how I want ice cream and how it isn't fair I can't eat ice cream and how Lindsey can buy ice cream and I can't and how EVERYTIME my parents come down in the summer my Dad wants to go to an ICE CREAM shop. Why don't we pour some salt in the wound...WAIT don't...it probably has dairy in it. Better yet...lets pour milk into the wound!!!!!

After a year of taking 2 dairy pills just to eat 1 scoop of ice cream, our grocery store finally started carrying lactose free ice cream...I can't swear by this...but I thought I heard trumpets in the background and I may have squirted out a tear or 2?? I have eaten 1 - 2 bowls a day since that glorious day, and I am eating a bowl right now. I can say this with a straight and honest face "That first bite was the best ice cream I have ever tasted"

Now enough of that and more baby stuff. The boys are now 6 months old and growing like weeds. Well...one is growing like a tall skinny weed, and the other is growing like a shorter chubby weed. At their 6 month appointment yesterday Eli weighed 16 lbs 9 0z and was 26.75 inches. Baker was 16 lbs 7 oz and was 27.25 inches. Lindsey and I both thought Eli weighed at least a pound more than Baker, but the scale didn't lie. We were talking the other day and complaining about how heavy they were getting, till my Mom informed us at 6 months of age I weighed 3 pounds more than Eli (yeah I was fat)...so we are thankful Eli hasn't hit his real chubby stage yet, and now realize why my Mom is so strong! Here are a few pictures from the last 2 weeks.


Do I look as ridiculous as you do?
They actually look a lot alike when you hide Eli's hair and his 3rd chin
MMMmmm....Leftover squash!
Lindsey took these and did a great job
Peek-a-boo, I see you. (Nahla has to be every where the babies are.)
If you look at his arm you can see a bruise...we were so worried I did that to him when I was playing around with him, till our neighbor said she thought it looked like a hickey...sure enough when he is bored he starts sucking on his wrist and gives himself hickeys. He has one on his other arm too...in the exact same spot. That boy needs to learn how to cover those up before he gets older!

Look what we can do!!!!

No comments: