I thought I would surprise you all and put the pictures first this time around!
Baker has no idea, but in about 3 seconds he is going to have his tonsils cleaned
3
2
1
Baker's just relaxin' in the tub thinking..."I'm too sexy for my shirt..."
The red marks are from the walker in the picture above
This time I left him in the horse too long. Poor kid rode himself to sleep
Smiles all around
So...Sunday morning was the usual routine. Boys wake up way too early for us, we feed them, they go back to sleep for a while, we wake up to go to church...well this time we forgot to set our alarms to wake up for church. (Sorry Pastor Ken) Anyways...Lindsey decides to get up and make some pancakes for breakfast! I come down stairs, sit at the table to enjoy my tasteful dish, I take a bite of my pancakes and.........gagged so bad I almost puked. These were the most awful pancakes I have ever tasted. Lindsey, thinking I was just being my usual picky self told me she followed the Betty Crocker recipe so they had to be good. She sits down to prove I am full of it and digs in...and I quote "Oh my gosh...I can't take another bite. These are the worst things ever" She quickly stands up and says "That Betty Crocker is full of crap" or maybe I said that...Anyways, a lot was said about Betty in those next few minutes that can not be repeated, but I did manage to finish my plate while holding my nose shut. (We hadn't gone to the store yet and we were low on food). Lindsey (the cook) refused to take another bite and threw the rest in the trash. They were so bad Nahla wasn't even aloud to snack on one. Lindsey was determined to prove it was Betty's fault and not her own for the disaster, she opened the recipe book and said "Oh...ooops. I put in baking soda instead of baking powder" So...we took back everything bad we said about Betty and went about our day feeling bloated and full of gas!! Which if you know me at all, that is no different than any other day.
Later that same day, I was outside messing around and decided to come back inside for something. As I walk through the door Lindsey is holding Baker and he is crying. This is HER story: She had them both laying down on the couch while she was talking to her Mom on the phone. She turned to get something, turned back around and only had 1 kid on the couch. She looked down and saw Baker face down on the floor. You can pretty much figure out the rest...his face turned all red and was sucking in all that air he could get into those little lungs of his and started crying. Even though it could have been worse, nothing happened to him. Lindsey and I both had a good laugh about it... I laughed harder about it because she is always telling me to be careful with them and how not to leave them alone on the couch (you know, because they could roll off or something). Finally something happened to them while Lindsey was watching them and not me (Little did I know in about 12 hours, I would be laughing no more)
Monday...Lindsey is working and I am home with the kids. Eli is in his bouncing horse in the kitchen riding into the wild wild west somewhere. I just happened to look over and Eli has found his nose. Now, whether he did it on purpose or by accident, he puts his finger clear up as far as he could. AS he did that, his horse decided to start bucking. He starts screaming, pulls his finger out, and the tip of his finger is full of blood and it is starting to run out his nose. Eli gave himself his first bloody nose! He just ended up cutting his nose a bit inside. Luckily it stopped bleeding a few minutes later, or else I was going to have to (once again) go to the doctor and try to explain how he gave himself this bloody nose while bouncing away on a stationary horse in our kitchen.
Grandma and Grandpa Wright are coming down this weekend, so we will have pictures for you on Monday. Also...we took a few videos the last couple days and will have them up on youtube and I will post a few on here. Hopefully you all have safe Halloween and I KNOW all of you are hoping for another Iowa State WIN...another Husker LOSS...and another KU LOSS!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment