Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can I handle all this pressure?

So right now you are thinking...is Jordan talking about can he handle having twins??? Yes I can...but that is not the topic of discussion tonight. I can handle twins no problem. What I can't handle is the pressure of keeping this blog above par. I found out this last week that more people read this than previously expected. Upon telling me this, they also tell me they are looking forward to updates...often...maybe a little too often. All I know is that this is a lot of pressure on me. It is tough to come out here and perform day in and day out, knowing I need to step up my game each and every day. This is especially hard for me, since I am NOT a writer. I mean, I don't even dabble in writing. I would even go as far as saying I don't even putter in it. My philosophy is why write about doing something awesome, when you can just read about somebody else doing something awesome?? If you need something to compare the amount of pressure that I have thrown upon my own shoulders, then see if you can follow along here. Lets use the baseball analogy, and this is what pressure is all about....It is the bottom of the 9th inning of the world series, game tied, 2 outs, 3-2 count, and it comes down to one last batter...and that batter is........................I don't know. You know why I don't know who is batting??? Cause I am below the bleachers in the restroom TRYING for eight and a half minutes to pee into a thirty foot trough with 80 other men, who are all trying to stare straight forward while reading the intelligent scribbles left behind from a previous visitor, who for some reason doesn't need to concentrate as hard as some people......and he thinks its funny to write the exact time he was there using this same trough. (I fail to see the need to stand there doing your business and quickly realize you need to document the time you started???) BUT for those who don't know this , it is proper etiquette to stare straight forward at all times while standing next to 80 strangers using said trough, BUT Jordan gets stuck next to the guy with the wandering eye, who for some reason thinks he needs to compare notes. That my friend is real pressure....that is what I call stage fright. So...we go back to the original question...Can I handle the pressure?? Sure why not. I have handled worse than this. I have handled pressure in sporting events, I stood strong when 6 feet of snow tried to keep us from spending spring break in Golden, I didn't pass out during my wedding, I made a first down on Madden 2008 even though it was 4th and 15 on my own 5 yard line, I didn't cry when Shawn Johnson won a gold medal in the Olympics (which you remember these same Olympics Lindsey couldn't compete in for her constant steroid use), and most of all...I didn't have to change my pants after hearing we were having twins. So yes, I can handle the pressure of writing a good blog. Will I try my bestest for all the viewers??? Ummmm.....probably not. Not all blogs will be funny. Not all blogs will be great, but one thing my blogs will ALWAYS be is............wait I gotta go. The guy with the wandering eye just zipped up and left the trough and I don't think I can hold it much longer.........Jordan was here @ 11:44

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the blog Jordan! I'm feeling the pressure to join in and start one myself. Katie and I talk everyday yet I read her blog and say, you didn't tell me you did that.