Monday, October 20, 2008

14 week belly update!!






You know the phrase "A watched pot never boils". In this case, it is "A watched belly never grows" The last month or so we haven't seen that big of a difference in her belly size. Some days it looks big, some days you think it shrunk. I walked in our room the other day and POP...there it is. A nice big belly. At first I thought she was hiding the pumpkin we just bought from the store. With a swift smack on the arm and a quick showing, I realized (she realized) how big the belly has gotten. This is a touchy subject around the house here lately, but like I said earlier...It will only happen once. So I need to get my shots in while I can. She isn't upset about the belly getting bigger, she is more upset that she can't wear her jeans without using a rubberband or a paperclip to hold them together. I posted a few pictures I took the other day. It is ok to chuckle at the size of it. The pictures do not show the real size of it. You have to see it in person so you can see the roundness it has to it. Last night Kyle and Katie posted a picture of Sawyer drinking a bottle of root beer. The other day I took a picture of Lindsey drinking a bottle of root beer. It must be bottled root beer season or something. As you can see we decided to post a picture of my belly also. One is my actual belly, the other one is of me trying to make Lindsey feel better about herself. Lindsey wanted to show everyone my 14 week belly. I haven't gained the sympathy weight like she has hoped I would. I am sure all the dads out there can attest to this, but it is really really hard to say " No thanks" when your wife has all these left overs from her 6 meals she ate that day. All I want to do is say "Ymmmemmms plmmmeammmse" (That is me saying "yes please" with 1/2 a loaf of banana bread and 1/2 a cheese cake in my mouth), but you can't say that everytime or you will look like a 14 week preggo lady. You have to resist the urges to dig in when she wants to bring home a 5 gallon bucket of chicken from KFC (sorry Megan) or when the guy in the window at Sonic asks "What combo meal would you like", she answers "1 through 9 please....with extra tots" It is odd to see how the roles have changed in our house. When we first met in college, Lindsey would eat a crab rangoon and two pieces of chashew chicken and think she is going to explode. I could eat 5 plates at "King Buffet" then eat 2 foot long subs on the way home and not even feel it. Granted I worked out all the time and weighed 30 pounds more than I do now...but thats not the point. The point is, if I ate everything she didn't eat and with the current work out regiment I have now (which is mowing the lawn once a week) I would look like a 14 week preggo lady, but I don't think we have enough rubberbands and paperclips to go around.

1 comment:

April said...

Hee hee hee! I like the bellies. Thank God you noted that she is drinking ROOT BEER, because I thought it was a bottle of my beloved Boulevard, and I do not think posting pictures of a pregnant woman drinking a beer online is a good idea...

And Jordan, don't worry: I think I am taking on that "sympathy weight" for you. You owe me! ;)