Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Square Root Day...yesterday

How lucky am I? To share a birthday with such a wonderful holiday. Even though it is not an "official" holiday, I am sure my Dad and brother Kyle got the day off work. They both work for a branch the of Federal Govt. and seem to get every other day off b/c of some Federal holiday...that doesn't really exist. I think G.W. Bush used to make up fake holidays just so he could go "Golficate" or "Relaxificate" without taking too much heat for it.

Lindsey went in for her monthly check up the other day and everything checked out fine. I am beginning to think we are spending a lot of money on a Dr that only says "Looks great...see you in a month" I mean I can do that from here...and it wouldn't cost us a dime! We have scheduled a delivery time for March 30. Just so everyone knows it is scheduled at 9:00 am and I will update the blog with pictures and info as soon as I can. We will have our laptop there in the room with us, so I can post stuff right away.

Now about the boys. Eli was weighing in around 4 lbs 10 oz and Baker was weighing in right at 4 lbs. The Dr assured us that it is normal for one to weigh more than the other. They seem to be getting more and more active the closer it gets. We like to think they are burning off all their energy so when they come out they are sooo tired they will just want to sleep...please please be the case.

I attached a few pictures of a growth chart I made for the little guys and hung it on the wall in their room. The board has a slight bow to it so it looks like it is hung up slightly crooked, so I guess when we measure them they can only wear one shoe so they line up with it. We still need to add a few Iowa State stickers to it to "spice" it up a bit, but I am pretty happy with the results. I made it so if we move to a different house we can take it with us. I know they will not be "standing" up for a while, but I wanted to get it made and put up before they show up. I am not sure if it says it in the directions on my saw or not, but in the back of my brain it is telling me that using a circular saw in one hand and 2 babies in the other isn't very safe...but what do I know? This is the same part of my brain that told me it would be "ok" to have surgery on my boy parts. So I never know when to believe it and when to ignore it?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that idea, I'm going to steal it for our kids. I was just thinking the other day how we could start marking Jack's growth.