Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Shake 'n' Baker, and I Helped

Not too much going on in our lives these days. We finally had a chance to get out of the house last weekend and go to a bbq. Nahla didn't do too bad on her first try as babysitter. I must say, the boys were definitely cleaner when we got back, but she ate all their food and didn't change any diapers. Oh don't worry......we docked her pay for the diapers. The couple who hosted the party are the the son and daughter-in-law of our neighbors across the street...who just happen to be Kansas State fans...which could be worse...could be Kansas fans, or Nebraska fans, or Missoura fans. Anyways...since they were throwing an outdoor event, they needed some games to play, so we made them a Kansas State beanbag toss board. I made them in true Union Carpenter fashion...I took a lot of breaks, I didn't let anyone else help who isn't Union, and in 3 months it is going to break, so they will have to pay me to fix it. (I say this only because I am a Union Carpenter even though I work for Overhead Door...so this is not a slam on Unions...so don't file grievance on me...i am just kidding around. This is a picture of the finished product.


Grandma and Grandpa Tackett came down for a short visit this last weekend. We didn't take many pictures, so here is one that we all were laughing about. Baker was wanting to suck on something so he kept trying to suck on Grandma's cheeks. He tried it on me today, but my whiskers make him laugh too hard.


The boys are starting to roll over a bit now and they have moved up in the world with the introduction of solid food...if you want to call mushy squash and green beans solid food?? It is interesting how different they are even though they shared a womb for 9 months. Baker likes the squash and hates the green beans...Eli hates the squash and can't get enough green beans. You will see a picture of Baker taking one of his first few bites of green beans. After we saw Baker's face we couldn't wait to see Eli's b/c he would definitely give us a show...got the camera out, gave him a bite and.....nothing...he wanted more of it just as fast as we could shovel it in. I think we were all a little disappointed in his response.




Baker sitting in their walker


Once again...Eli staring at something...I think when he gets older we will make sure he wears sunglasses so he isn't getting slapped all the time.

I have some videos I am trying to get loaded up so check back later this week for those. Also...Labor Day weekend is right around the corner and we will be having Grandma and Grandpa Wright for the weekend to spoil the kids, so I will post some pictures of that weekend as well!

No comments: