The boys have become very active lately. They are laughing out loud now and they like to move their heads and bodies around really hard and without notice...So earlier today Baker and Eli were sitting on my lap looking at me make stupid faces at them. They were laughing, and bouncing up and down and at the same time they threw their heads towards each other and CRACK. Eli took it right above the right eye and Baker on the left side. They moved so fast by the time I caught them it was WAY too late. They both freaked out as expected. Baker cried for about 15 minutes. Then as if to say just kidding Dad, let out a really big laugh and smiled. He is now sitting in the swing having a ball. On the other hand, Eli took the hit a little harder, b/c he cried for an hour straight. Now...if you haven't heard Eli cry before, it isn't some "I want something cry". He cries like it is the absolute worst thing that ever happened to him. He has the same cry when you change his diaper. I finally got him calmed down enough to put him in the jungle and went to get a cool damp towel to put on his forehead to help cool his head down from all the yelling and his headache that I am sure he has. I did run him over to the neighbors house to confirm that his head wasn't swelling and that it was just a routine brother/brother "fight" They did confirm and that eased my worries a bit. Now Eli is doing much better and back to his smiling and laughing state before the "fight". I think they are getting to the point where I can't hold them so close to each other on my lap....or at least not without helmets anyways.
3 comments:
This is what happens when you have 2 Aries rams! Dad and I often "lock horns" as well. ;)
I dislocated Brodie's elbow when he was 2 so I guess I get the worst mother of the year award!
Kristin
April, I didn't know your horns were growing back. Anyway, I dislocated Lindsey's shoulder twice when she was a baby! Well, okay, she did it once and I did it once......but still, I think I should get the worst father of the year award.
Old Bald Guy
Post a Comment