Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Eli Medical Mystery Tour

Eli in his gown


Here is the scoop for those who haven't heard the latest. Yesterday Eli was sporting a pretty high fever, so I took him to the Doctor's office around 3:00 for a quick checkup. He had a 103.3 temp and was panting like a dog. The Doctor looked him over and wanted a few x-rays of his chest. After the x-rays, we went back to our room for the results...after quite a long wait and a quick nap (for me) I heard the Nurses discussing who forgot to tell me what and when and whose fault it was why I was still there. After a few minutes one came in (the one who lost paper, rock, scissors) told me it was going to be a bit longer. The Doctor didn't like the way he was breathing and decided to admit him to Children's Mercy Hospital for an overnight evaluation. So...Lindsey and I stayed the night at the hospital with Eli. Baker was being watched by our gracious neighbors across the street. After further review by the Nurses and the Doctors at the hospital, it was decided he just had a virus and would be let go in the morning when his fever broke. After a long night of sleeping on a twin mattress with my lovely wife who hogs the bed, we were ready to get out of there. The Doctor came in and told us he still had a fever and needed to run some tests. He was taken to get some blood drawn and put an I.V. needle in just in case they needed it. That way they wouldn't have to poke him again later in the morning. Good news was his tests came back ok. Bad news was he wasn't released till 3:00. It was a rough day and night and we were ready to get him back home.
As you can see by this photo that was taken around 7:30, Eli is feeling great and glad to be back in the jungle.
Fast forward to now!! As we speak Eli has a fever again and is absolutely miserable. He is crying so loud I can't hear myself think, so sorryuj iof the ressst of htis deson;t makde semse.
Break time......ok I am back from the break. 20 minutes have passed and I just got Eli to fall asleep. You know...it is amazing how fast somebody can fall asleep with some Jack Daniels in their belly. Oh come on I didn't give it to HIM.... I was talking about zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: