It is day 3 already and things are going great. Lindsey and the babies are resting...don't worry not together. It would be a pretty tight squeeze in their baby baskets. Plus Baker hogs the covers. We both are running on a few hours of sleep. Our nurse brings them in every few hours to feed during the night. It is tough, you have to wake yourself up enough not to fall asleep while feeding, but then turn around and try to go back to sleep as fast as you can. I thought at one time the nurse shut the door turned the clock ahead 2 hours then opened the door right back up again to feed them. It is April fools day and thought it was a pretty good joke. We are getting pretty good with the routine. It usually goes like this. I will be using their names, but we don't feed the same one first every time...don't want one thinking he is special.
I change Eli then give him to Lindsey to feed. She feeds Eli for 10-20 minutes. I then change Baker and swap them out. I feed Eli a bottle then burp him till Baker is done feeding with Lindsey. I then wrap Eli back up like the little brother on "The Christmas Story" the movie about the kid who wants the Red Ryder BB Gun. His mom puts all those scarves around his neck and head so he can't move his arms or head (if you don't know what I am talking about, you need go rent the movie) then I grab Baker to bottle feed and burp till he falls asleep. Once he is asleep I wrap him up and put him in next to Eli. That whole process takes about an hour or sometimes longer.
I want to take a second to say "Moms I feel for you with all you endure during your pregnancy. Men can not compare to your pain... (Unless you have had the procedures I did to get Lindsey pregnant, then we can compare some notes)..........BUT people forget about the Dads out there that stayed up late to let the moms sleep. I don't know how many who read this had a C-section, but the mom can not move for the first day or 2 because of all the pain so everything falls on the dad. I don't mean "FALLS" I mean the dad has to step up his game and help. It wears on the dads having to change so many diapers (which changing one baby has got to be cake), getting bottles ready, and helping mom with simple things like sitting up or eating and drinking. I am not complaining at all...I love it but I am exhausted. I can play 2 straight hours of basketball and be fine, but after a day of doing everything short of the nurses job, I am ready for a nap. Which the nurses here are amazing.
So...when you get home tonight take a second to thank the dads out there for all their hard work and dads thank the moms for going through so much pain to bring something that looks so sweet and innocent now, but then will make you clean up their poop and puke, write all over your walls with markers, ruin all your carpets, shoot each other with Red Ryder BB guns. (Which nothing beats playing tag with BB guns) will run your cars out of oil, talk back to you, spend all your money on candy and stupid stuff they think they need to be cool, go to college and get a tattoo...sorry mom, find a girl that they like more than you and move out the state to start their own family....OK Jordan they are only 3 days old, they aren't going anywhere for awhile. Even though there are twin girls in the nursery now...which we figured out that is why they have been late with their curfews.
1 comment:
Emersyn & I have both been sick so tell Lindsey that I appologize for not getting back to her sooner! I am sooo happy for the two of you!!! They are just perfect!!! You will have to let me know which one is the "better catch" so I can point Emersyn towards his way!! HA HA!!! Tell Lindsey GREAT JOB! Congrats to you...I prayed for you guys for so long for this day to come and I am so happy that it finally has! Now that you've read all of this...get some sleep!!! I can't wait to hear how the dogs like their new baby brothers!
Post a Comment