My first Father's Day started off like any other Sunday. Feed, change, church, feed, change, change, change, change, feed, change, change, change, change, feed, and then finally it was noon. No just kidding. We just sat around and enjoyed the day with the boys. We went over to our neighbors house to watch some golf and let them play with the boys. After awhile Eli needed to be changed (surprising), so I brought him back to the house. As I walked in the door I stepped on Nahla...who is supposed to be "locked" up in the kitchen with Jackson. I guess they pawed at the doggy gate hard enough to get it open and they had free range of the house. So...as I stepped down I heard her yip (I guess that is how you spell it?) so I quickly picked up my foot so I didn't hurt her, as I did that I lost my balance and started to fall down like a tree falling in the woods. Just like the movies slow motion kicked in...I think to myself "hhmmmm....going to hurt Eli if I fall on him" So I spun my body around so I landed on my butt/back and held Eli to my chest so he didn't fly out of hands and hit the ground. Luckily the boys put their knife collection away earlier and I just landed on the carpet or I would have been in a lot of trouble. As I stood up and flipped the light on to see the damage. Nahla was running around like an idiot thinking that big shoe that nearly broke her back was a lovely pat "hello". Eli was screaming his head off of course, since I am sure it scared the crap out of him...yay for diapers! I checked him over and he seemed fine. His face was pretty red from my hand pushing his head into my chest, but other than that he was fine. I on the other hand have a very sore left butt cheek and a sore back...but I will live. We finally got him settled down and went about our night. I figured as long as we wake up this morning and Eli doesn't have bruises on his face in the shape of my fingers we are good! That way the daycare doesn't call the proper authorities and I don't have to explain how I fell down holding my child.
Here are a few pictures from the day and a few others.
We have noticed Eli's hair is starting to turn a nice shade of red. It is funny because their cousin Sawyer (who I did not get permission to post this picture from Kyle or Katie so I hope I am not violating some kind of cousin copyright laws or something, but he is way too cute to go unnoticed by others) also has the same shade of red to his hair. Darn you genetics
Sawyer

1 comment:
Jordan, I am impressed, amazed and extremely THANKFUL for your ninja-like reflexes! You really were a super hero on Father's Day! :)
Post a Comment